» POP UPS AND SILLY CARP.
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm by Gary Bills

» Fish recognising an anglers voice !
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 pm by Gary Bills

» Link to Carp Society Show
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm by Stoney

» Event Details
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am by Stoney

» The Big One, Carpin' On and the Northern Angling Show - we will be there - will you?
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am by Admin

» Ricketts Mere Syndicate Fish-In
Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm by Admin

for sale / wanted

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: for sale / wanted

Post by Mr Gizmo on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:22 pm

nick h wrote:
will said forum be 'invisible' to members who have not met the 'requirements'?

otherwise buyers will just be able to pm members and conduct trades?

It remains invisible unless you are logged in.
Mr Gizmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp Unit on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I quite like the idea of donating a one off payment of £10 to Stoney for the right to sell on here, it'll keep the rip off merchants to a minimum while raising money.
Carp Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm

maybe a one off payment yes, but not on a sale by sale basis because you always get people who HAVE to comment on peoples for sale threads about the prices or something else and if i had paid for that for sale thread it would annoy me.

100 posts is fine.

who cares if your CEMEX platinum, this isnt CEMEX.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Elty wrote:maybe a one off payment yes, but not on a sale by sale basis because you always get people who HAVE to comment on peoples for sale threads about the prices or something else and if i had paid for that for sale thread it would annoy me.

100 posts is fine.

who cares if your CEMEX platinum, this isnt CEMEX.

fair comment - as i said before what happens/happened on Cemex stays on Cemex?

also hopefully the mods will 'crack down' on people who spoil for sale threads with the type of comment you highlight?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Mr Gizmo wrote:
nick h wrote:
will said forum be 'invisible' to members who have not met the 'requirements'?

otherwise buyers will just be able to pm members and conduct trades?

It remains invisible unless you are logged in.

so provided you are a forum 'member' you will be able to access the ads even if you have not met the '100 post' requirement?

ergo - a 'non compliant buyer' can just pm seller and thereby avoid the 100 post rule?

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm

think your always get people message you they did on cemex but its up the you weather you choose to sell to them or just be tight and say no till you get to 100.
tezza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm

fair comment - but God/Allah forbid i bring up Carpforum as an example - lol!

on there you can only view for sale forum if you meet the 'criteria'

surely would work on here?

Back to top Go down

Post by tenchtamer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:11 pm

the rules are 100 posts to place an ad or wanted ad....................where does it say anything about a certain number of posts to buy ?? "non-compliant buyer" ?? what are you on about ??
tenchtamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:17 pm

tenchtamer wrote:the rules are 100 posts to place an ad or wanted ad....................where does it say anything about a certain number of posts to buy ?? "non-compliant buyer" ?? what are you on about ??

what i'm 'on about' is fairly simple?

wanted ad - wanting to buy? - therefore 100 posts required?

BUT as i said earlier - if there is 'free access' to the for sale/wanted forum then anyone can pm a buyer/seller and attempt to conduct an 'off forum trade'?

maybe i chose my words incorrectly? - instead of non-compliant buyer i should simply have said someone who had not met the 100 post criteria?

if the forum is available to 'view' by all then someone who has not met the buying/selling criteria can simply pm a seller and try and do a 'deal' outwith the forum?

Last edited by nick h on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by tenchtamer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 pm

i'll try and make this simple................there are NO criteria or rules attached to buying. there are no rules stated or implied that buyers need to have posted x number of times. you are inventing rules that don't exist here.
tenchtamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm

tenchtamer wrote:i'll try and make this simple................there are NO criteria or rules attached to buying. there are no rules stated or implied that buyers need to have posted x number of times. you are inventing rules that don't exist here.

the 'rules' have not yet been formulated - the committee are discussing this at the moment

and i'm not 'inventing rules' as you suggest - i'm trying to explore the various possibilities/situations?

the committee/mods are currently looking at all possible scenario's to ensure that the forum members are best 'protected' against those who would try and 'rip off' people

and on that i commend them - better to look now than try and correct with hindsight?

Back to top Go down

Post by tenchtamer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 pm

tezza wrote:think your always get people message you they did on cemex but its up the you weather you choose to sell to them or just be tight and say no till you get to 100.

as stated above this happens and i don't think there is much that can be done about it unless as you say the whole for sale/wanted area is invisible to anyone not meeting a certain post count criteria but i'm not really sure what this would achieve and is probably more sensible and pragmatic to let seller choose who to sell to.
by the way i am not 'desperate' to sell anything.............if i was i'd be repying left right and centre throughout the various forum boards............but i'm not.
tenchtamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tenchtamer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:58 pm

i see what you are saying about 'protection' but as has been proved on more than one occasion over on cemex a certain post count is no guarentee that a seller is honest. 100 posts seems reasonable enough to use the sale/wanted boards but at the end of the day there will always have to be an element of trust between buyer and seller and vice-versa.
tenchtamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

tenchtamer wrote:seems a shame to me that when you've got 1000's of posts to your name over on cemex that you have to start again from scratch on here.

if you read the Forum Ethos statement you will find that its made perfectly clear that this forum is not a replacement for Cemex or any other forum!

its a new forum with a 'message' if you like about Macmillan and cancer and it provides a 'space' for fishing chat

my father who is in his 90's suffered from cancer and the support from Macmillan nurses was superb - they and this forum have my full support

Back to top Go down

Post by tenchtamer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:17 pm

and that is EXACTLY why i think (as stated previously) that some way should be found that the charity benefits in some way from 'trade' carried out on the for sale board..................whether that's a %levvy or a listing fee or a subscription fee i really don't mind but something SHOULD be done.
tenchtamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm

tenchtamer wrote:and that is EXACTLY why i think (as stated previously) that some way should be found that the charity benefits in some way from 'trade' carried out on the for sale board..................whether that's a %levvy or a listing fee or a subscription fee i really don't mind but something SHOULD be done.

sorry, but you were trying to make a case that as a 'Cemex' user the 'rules should not apply?

also think you will find i was the first poster to suggest a financial contribution to Macmillan?

on 18 August i suggested 5% contribution to Macmillan for sellers!

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm

not beeing funny but why macmillan yeh they was good with my uncle but my nan was left to her own devices and so was my partners nan.each to there own but for me ide rather it go somewhere else or make your own choice where you want it to go to.
tezza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Humbers on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:00 pm

tezza wrote:not beeing funny but why macmillan yeh they was good with my uncle but my nan was left to her own devices and so was my partners nan.each to there own but for me ide rather it go somewhere else or make your own choice where you want it to go to.

Because that is the nominated charity of Stoney and Friends and it is their forum?
Humbers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 pm

may well be there forum but for me they did nothing..ide rather it go to great ormand street.
tezza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlybob on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 pm

or just wait till 100 posts. we all support our chosen charaties anyway.

Curlybob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:32 pm

been with that all the way i supose some people keep going on about it is 1 way of getting there count up anyway
tezza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlybob on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:33 pm

thinking about it a bit more,, like tackle trader could we not have a section
within the for sale / Fishing stuff, a non fishing items for sale bit ??????
if not why not ?? i think it would come in handy..

Curlybob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlybob on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:11 pm

tezza wrote:been with that all the way i supose some people keep going on about it is 1 way of getting there count up anyway

Not much topic on here at the moment though,

Curlybob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tenchtamer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

sorry, but you were trying to make a case that as a 'Cemex' user the 'rules should not apply?

NO I WASN'T.............i was merely making the point that reputations bulit up on there don't transfer which is a shame.
It's also a shame Nick that you post something and when you recieve a response you then go back and substantially edit your original post.
To those that say this is nothing to do with anything that ever happened over there i have copied this cemex sticky :
As we are all unsure of what is happening on this forum, we have set up another one on The Stoney Web Site..... forum link here.

Hopefully, if or when this site closes we can still keep the chat going.

I can't believe anything i've posted is in any way contentious and yet some people just seem to go looking for grief. Obviously not everyone here is going to be coming over from cemex but a lot will.
tenchtamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:46 pm

maybe do a new topic on how to get you post count up lol
tezza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content