» POP UPS AND SILLY CARP.
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm by Gary Bills

» Fish recognising an anglers voice !
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 pm by Gary Bills

» Link to Carp Society Show
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm by Stoney

» Event Details
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am by Stoney

» The Big One, Carpin' On and the Northern Angling Show - we will be there - will you?
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am by Admin

Carp Angling Protection Society?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carp Angling Protection Society?

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

another 'new' group appears - nothing new to offer

the people behind these groups obviously don't talk to non carp anglers?

wake up guys - carp anglers are universally HATED by just about all other anglers - single species groups are bad enough but carp only?

carpers seem to think 'their' species are the only one that matters

the two BIG powers groups in the UK have said they want nothing to do with carp fishing  Salmon and Trout Association and the Countryside Alliance

the Countryside Alliance asked for support against the hunting bill - coarse anglers supported the ban - enough said!

guys wake up - otters have been in Scotland for years - yes, they take some salmon but who are humans to deny them a natural food?

and the financial value of salmon fishing makes the most expensive 'syndicate' pale into insignificance - how does £5K per week appeal when you might be unlucky and the river is in spate and unfishable?

but the contribution the the local economy is still there - hotels etc

in England you build ponds and stuff then with carp b- you make Mc Donalds for otters and you complain?

face it you will have to come to terms with otters - kill them and you kill coarse angling

end of!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Carp Angling Protection Society?

Post by Tigger on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Twisted Evil
Tigger

View user profile http://seonag-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Terry

that's the face of fishing in the future

some carp lakes near me are stopping 'coarse fishing' - stocking with trout

the estate manager said 'i'm sick of dealing with thugs who fish for carp, my bailiffs get threats every single day

and its true - I fish Rutland for trout and in the car park everyone talks/shares info - you drive a Mini/Range Rover - nobody gives a xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Whilst I'm sure the people behind CAPS have the right intentions (not that I know who they are) surely if they focussed their efforts into the Angling Trust they would be more likely to achieve something in the long term!
chris63

View user profile http://www.clinicaldomcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigger on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 pm

I have been told by a Carper that when casting a dead bait for pike the splash disturbs all the carp in the lake, therefore spoiling every ones  enjoyment.  He then cast about 25 spods of bait into his swim.

"If a Spod splashes in a lake and there are only carpers there, does it make a sound?"

"If a tree falls over in the forest and there is no one there to hear, do all the other trees laugh?" (quote from Terry Pratchett)
Tigger

View user profile http://seonag-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 pm

nick

It's just another group trying to protect fishing and I can't see a lot wrong with that ?

Carp are to me just another species and if carp fishing is your preference, why not try and protect it ?

And whats has it got to do with the Countryside Alliance or the Salmon and Trout Association ?

Have you got a bee in your barnet about Carp anglers or is just coarse fishing in general ?

Bob
Bob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 am

Bob wrote:nick

It's just another group trying to protect fishing and I can't see a lot wrong with that ?

Carp are to me just another species and if carp fishing is your preference, why not try and protect it ?

And whats has it got to do with the Countryside Alliance or the Salmon and Trout Association ?

Have you got a bee in your barnet about Carp anglers or is just coarse fishing in general ?

Bob

firstly, I have nothing against coarse fishing - I was brought up with coarse fishing from 4 yrs of age - I do however as you put it have a 'thing' against many aspects of modern carp fishing

and i'm not alone with that view - only recently I was talking to a senior EA official - I asked him what was his greatest problem in his work - his reply 'carp and carp anglers -when will they realise there are other fish?'

the Countryside Alliance and Salmon and Trout Association are already involved with the Angling Trust regarding predation etc - they both carry huge political weight and if legislation is ever envisaged then their support is essential - not forgetting that the Countryside Alliance and Country Land Owners Association members are often the 'landlord' of many fisheries especially rivers

I think single species groups are divisive when they wish to 'protect' a single species without any concern for others - and more so when they start trying to get involved in 'political' matters such as poaching/illegal stocking/high speed rail link/predation - these affect all forms of fishing and as such should be under a single cohesive body rather than splinter groups with their own agenda?

when I say single species groups I of course do not include those such as the BCSG/Catfish Society/Barbel Society etc as these are more along the lines of 'specimen groups'

lets face it Echo was hardly a roaring success? - why did it fold only for CAPS to rise like a phoenix from the ashes?

Last edited by nick h on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 am

hi, what is degrading "carping" is lager and skunk in some places.

I went "carping" yesterday and all the anglers were nice decent types, keen to catch and do the right thing.

Its just that on some lakes the lager and skunk brigade seem to rule due to a lack of rules and decent bailiffs. 

Its horses for courses.

As for another group spring up, I never give cash to unaccountable organisations, ever.
HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 am

quite right Alex

I see on the 'cemex 'forum one of the CAPS regional organisers says that one of their aims  - ' ..we aim to be the link between anglers and the powers that govern the decision making process..'

those are mighty lofty aims? - how can anybody being single species 'orientated' make such claims?

what about every other organisation?

Back to top Go down

CARP RIOTS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:07 pm

CARP RIOTS.

Thousands of "good carp anglers" [GCA] took to the streets, demanding action against "bad carp anglers" [BCA].

The two opposing sects in the carp movement, have clashed again, and running battles have broken out.
13ft rods and ground bait catapults have been used against each other.

The riot police using cs gas and water cannons, kept the two opposing sides apart.

A third group, "ENGLISH CARP ONLY", a racist carp organization, is threatening to attack both groups, and march on parliament, erect bivvies, and occupy parliament square. 

A dead carp religious site, on a sacred lake, has had its monument destroyed.

A mediator from the EU/UN, was put into a weighing sling, and pelted with cell boilies and returned to the Thames.

The minister for carping has stated, "If these riots continue, the army [The Royal Anglers Regiment] will be called in to deal with it"

A Spokesperson for one of the up market angling groups "The decent tench and barble fishers association" stated, "These riots have nothing to do with us its from a group of disaffected lower class anglers"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm

brilliant Alex - lol!

in the picture i'm trying to spot Micky Grey - Loreal highlights not working?

sorry mate - you keep catching those Ashmead lumps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum