Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Special Album
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:51 pm by Chris Ball

» Check out our events coming up!
Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:03 pm by Stoney

» POP UPS AND SILLY CARP.
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm by Gary Bills

» Fish recognising an anglers voice !
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 pm by Gary Bills

» Link to Carp Society Show
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm by Stoney

» Event Details
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am by Stoney

» The Big One, Carpin' On and the Northern Angling Show - we will be there - will you?
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am by Admin

» Ricketts Mere Syndicate Fish-In
Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm by Admin

» Predator Day - 14 Feb 2015
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm by Admin


4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Once again there is a dusting of melting snow, and everybody makes a effort except those, long holiday wimps, teachers.

Its the same every year a few flakes of snow, and the teaching "profession", are the only ones to cave in, ie. first out-last in.

while others firemen, police, ambulance, shops, postmen and women, doctors, and just about every other public service workers, do the right thing, its always the teachers who wimp out.

not content with the longest holidays of most workers, at the slightest chance its surrender to 4" of snow, thank god the snow does not wear a foreign uniform.

so wimp off work teachers, enjoy your days off, snowballing, fishing, etc. and remember, the gov. is going to change the salary rules, you will be paid on EFFORT AND RESULTS, not a automatic pay scale. and about time.

1945 SNOW-RATIONING-AND NOT A WIMP INSIGHT.

As snow shuts 5,000 schools, head claims 'panic button is being pressed too early' and asks: Where's our old British bulldog spirit?

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am

THE snow has stopped, so are the teacher wimps still afraid to leave home, and do what they are paid for, get to school and teach? but do not fret it will soon be spring break.

however no doubt the rivers are still open, so enjoy.
.



avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by Kevin on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 pm

What got into your bonnet. I'm a teacher, and if it's such a doddle, train up and join in....

The teachers don't make the decision, the School head and governors do - and most closures are due to the roads being inaccesable, not the school site (for the record, I worked staright through Friday and Monday)
avatar
Kevin

Posts : 96
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 40
Location : Basingstoke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Kevin wrote:What got into your bonnet. I'm a teacher, and if it's such a doddle, train up and join in....

The teachers don't make the decision, the School head and governors do - and most closures are due to the roads being inaccesable, not the school site (for the record, I worked staright through Friday and Monday)

Hi, the school head-shed makes the decision based on INPUT FROM TEACHERS, ie "I am trapped in 4" of snow"
as for roads being blocked, three local schools, drove past all three, no problem, on road or pavement but all three closed.

kevin if you are a teacher, do you teach English/spelling/grammar? I hope not. Sad ie inaccesable/staright/ Sad


anyway, soon be over and back to normal. Very Happy whatever that is.

HAA




avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by Kevin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 am

First - if you are going to go for the cheap shotof criticising spelling or grammar, then it's extremely silly not to thoroughly check you own...Wink


I'd be interested in what you do for a living - clearly not a teacher (and probably not much at all given the amount of time you spend on the net!)

As said, the final decision to close is normally made by the governors (usually made of of parents). Our school closed for the afternoon on Friday, as the local roads were not certain to be safe for parents to get to the school, although the staff mostly stayed until normal hours as not all the children were collected. You may have driven past local schools with cleared roads, but if they have a wide catchment, or staff living a fair distance away, then the state of the local roads may just be irrelevant.

Apologies for the rant, but all teacher's I know work damn hard, and it's very frustrating to see someone make utterly baseless and ignorant comments about the job...
avatar
Kevin

Posts : 96
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 40
Location : Basingstoke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Kevin wrote:First - if you are going to go for the cheap shotof criticising spelling or grammar, then it's extremely silly not to thoroughly check you own...Wink


I'd be interested in what you do for a living - clearly not a teacher (and probably not much at all given the amount of time you spend on the net!)

As said, the final decision to close is normally made by the governors (usually made of of parents). Our school closed for the afternoon on Friday, as the local roads were not certain to be safe for parents to get to the school, although the staff mostly stayed until normal hours as not all the children were collected. You may have driven past local schools with cleared roads, but if they have a wide catchment, or staff living a fair distance away, then the state of the local roads may just be irrelevant.

Apologies for the rant, but all teacher's I know work damn hard, and it's very frustrating to see someone make utterly bseless and ignorant comments about the job...


hi kev,

sorry about spelling jibe, but could not resist it, I marked you 5/10 must try harder.

made my money years ago, saw which way things were going, got out, and am enjoying my gains.

sorry about my rant, but, just unhappy how easily some schools roll over and others do not, closing schools causes a knock on effect as most parents have to work, and a sudden closing of schools can cause problems.

in my day chaps just struggled on regardless, and made the effort. [sorry about that]

catchment areas mean living within a close area, unless people are ducking and diving, for a "good" state school.

As for hard work, it might be taxing but it sure ain't "hard" hard is manual/brawn, yours is brain fag.

Its sad to see that the uk is well down the list, only average, [International Education League Tables], caused by a conflict between, state, religious, private, public, schools, all competing for hearts and minds.

its a class ridden system, sadly, and money seems to be able to buy the best education.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1) Sebastian Grigg, (2) David Cameron, (3) Ralph Perry-Robinson, (4) Ewen Fergusson, (5) Matthew Benson, (6) Sebastian James, (7) Jonathan Ford, (Cool Boris Johnson, (9) Harry Eastwood

Lets be honest, what chance does a "working class" kid have up against this lot above.


HAA










avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by chris63 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Its true that Money can buy a decent education, but no matter how much money you have, if you kid hasn't got the ability to ingest what he is taught, then he will still not get qualifications.

There are many state schools where the intelligent excel - if a kid has ability, apptitude and self-direction he will nearly always succeed.

The problem with many schools is the kids that disrupt and put pressure on the teachers to control them thus meaning the teachers don't get the opportunity to teach as they would wish.

As in all occupations there will be good and bad, but looking at society these days, the lack of respect installed in kids by their parents, the attitude that society owes everything to everybody irrespective of their effort etc, I admire anyone prepared to give teaching a go. To me it appears a thankless task with the odds stacked up against success!!
avatar
chris63

Posts : 668
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 54
Location : Lower Soudley (Forest of Dean), Gloucestershire

View user profile http://www.clinicaldomcare.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

State schools, how many in a class, mixed ability, no stream for excellence, no preparation for the real world, and a complete lack of teaching or understanding of global finances, politics, religious differences, and the world affairs in general.

In some state schools many different languages are spoken, and in some cases English is not the first, even Diane Abbott MP hackney refused to send her kid to the local school, and sent her kid to st paul's city of London. [£12,000 A YEAR, PLUS]

The entire system is stacked against "working class kids", so no matter how hard state teachers work, there is a glass ceiling.

What happened to grammar schools and streaming? the system that brought out the best in working class kids?

The odd successful state educated kid will be rolled out as a example, while Eton has a laugh.

As for overcrowded schools and lack of places, just wait until Bulgaria and Rumania enter the EU you ain't seen nothing yet.

The three most single important things in a kids life are, EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION, and I think the state system needs a overhaul, to even the chances.

check out which schools Cameron, Clegg and Milliband went to, clue it wasn't in east London.

PS, kids are not interested in Churchill, Hitler, Stalin,etc, its of no interest to them, so lets give them a up to date/real world education, what they want a good job when they leave school, to buy their own place, a car, holidays, and have a good time.

The unemployment for Spanish youth is now 55% yes 55%, thanks to our EU masters, nice one.

I feel really sorry for our state educated kids today, well down in the international education list, unemployment, and the job center, what a start to a working life.

but nothing will change its the system, not the kids.

HAA



avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by chris63 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Whilst I agree the system needs changing, if kids were brought up properly at home so they learnt respect, then teachers would be able to spend more time teaching and less time managing unruly classses.

I totally agree that classes are too big, that lack of english as a first language, and that lack of streaming/grammer schools all contribute to restrictive learning, but if society and in particular parents instilled the need to learn, frowned upon state social support, and installed the attitude of you only get out what you put in, the the standard of education might improve.

Unfortunately there will always be those that think it doesnt matter as the state will bail them out. These numbers are increasing and society is suffering as a direct result.

To infer the teachers no nothing about and therefore dont teach global finances, politics, religious differences, and the world affairs in general is undair the the vast majority of teachers who are well educated and who would teach these things if given the opportunity.
avatar
chris63

Posts : 668
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 54
Location : Lower Soudley (Forest of Dean), Gloucestershire

View user profile http://www.clinicaldomcare.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm

""To infer the teachers no nothing about and therefore dont teach global finances, politics, religious differences, and the world affairs in general is undair the the vast majority of teachers who are well educated and who would teach these things if given the opportunity.""


And there's the rub, teachers know whats going on, but are not allowed to pass it on, as it may upset the apple cart, and kids might start asking awkward questions, and we cannot have that.

So it will have to be, "Upstairs and Downstairs" and "Downton abbey" and "East Enders" everyone in their place.

avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by Kevin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:
Kevin wrote:First - if you are going to go for the cheap shotof criticising spelling or grammar, then it's extremely silly not to thoroughly check you own...Wink


I'd be interested in what you do for a living - clearly not a teacher (and probably not much at all given the amount of time you spend on the net!)

As said, the final decision to close is normally made by the governors (usually made of of parents). Our school closed for the afternoon on Friday, as the local roads were not certain to be safe for parents to get to the school, although the staff mostly stayed until normal hours as not all the children were collected. You may have driven past local schools with cleared roads, but if they have a wide catchment, or staff living a fair distance away, then the state of the local roads may just be irrelevant.

Apologies for the rant, but all teacher's I know work damn hard, and it's very frustrating to see someone make utterly bseless and ignorant comments about the job...


hi kev,

sorry about spelling jibe, but could not resist it, I marked you 5/10 must try harder.

made my money years ago, saw which way things were going, got out, and am enjoying my gains.

sorry about my rant, but, just unhappy how easily some schools roll over and others do not, closing schools causes a knock on effect as most parents have to work, and a sudden closing of schools can cause problems.

in my day chaps just struggled on regardless, and made the effort. [sorry about that]

catchment areas mean living within a close area, unless people are ducking and diving, for a "good" state school.

As for hard work, it might be taxing but it sure ain't "hard" hard is manual/brawn, yours is brain fag.

Its sad to see that the uk is well down the list, only average, [International Education League Tables], caused by a conflict between, state, religious, private, public, schools, all competing for hearts and minds.

its a class ridden system, sadly, and money seems to be able to buy the best education.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1) Sebastian Grigg, (2) David Cameron, (3) Ralph Perry-Robinson, (4) Ewen Fergusson, (5) Matthew Benson, (6) Sebastian James, (7) Jonathan Ford, (Cool Boris Johnson, (9) Harry Eastwood

Lets be honest, what chance does a "working class" kid have up against this lot above.


HAA



3/10 - Sentences start with capital letters sir Wink






avatar
Kevin

Posts : 96
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 40
Location : Basingstoke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

[3/10 - Sentences start with capital letters sir ]


I did that deliberately to give you a purpose in life, well done, now do me a toasted bun. Smile
avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by chris63 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:13 pm

With your Eton background was that a typo in bun - n and m being next to each other on the keyboard Very Happy
avatar
chris63

Posts : 668
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 54
Location : Lower Soudley (Forest of Dean), Gloucestershire

View user profile http://www.clinicaldomcare.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:16 pm

chris63 wrote:With your Eton background was that a typo in bun - n and m being next to each other on the keyboard Very Happy

what ever is quickest. Very Happy
avatar
HAPPYANGLERALEX

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : HERTFORD-CHESHUNT-LOCAL LAKES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by chris63 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Lol Wink
avatar
chris63

Posts : 668
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 54
Location : Lower Soudley (Forest of Dean), Gloucestershire

View user profile http://www.clinicaldomcare.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 4" SNOW-WIMPS-AND TEACHERS.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum