» POP UPS AND SILLY CARP.
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm by Gary Bills

» Fish recognising an anglers voice !
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 pm by Gary Bills

» Link to Carp Society Show
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm by Stoney

» Event Details
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am by Stoney

» The Big One, Carpin' On and the Northern Angling Show - we will be there - will you?
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am by Admin

» Ricketts Mere Syndicate Fish-In
Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm by Admin

» Predator Day - 14 Feb 2015
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm by Admin

How is CEMEX Angling closing going to effect you ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How is CEMEX Angling closing going to effect you ?

Post by Stoney on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am

I will be, thats for sure, been with them in the early days of Halls Angling.

But its really going to hit "S & F" big time.

View user profile http://www.stoneyandfriends.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: How is CEMEX Angling closing going to effect you ?

Post by Swampy on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:54 pm

When the forum shuts down im going to end up getting a lot more work done instead of checking that every hour. My boss will be over the moon.

Swampy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 pm

I was thinking along the line of their fisheries.

View user profile http://www.stoneyandfriends.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Won't affect me although I was wanting to get on match lake! I think all those that have slagged of Cemex over the years will certainly realize its not always greener on the other side especially if the likes of Farnham angling get their hands on any of the waters!

Danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elty on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

as soon as i realised that they were shutting them down i wanted to get back on the waters while i could. a lot of those waters are taken for granted considering the cost of them to fish.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm

I was on horton boat pool and loved it but due to work etc I was unable to rejoin, as I say a lot of people will wish they hadn't moaned as not all takeovers will be good!

Danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crafty Tenching on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 pm

For me its a real shame, and feel that no matter how people look at it, it is the end of an era.
I spent a few years as a bailiff on Cemex waters, and met some really great people, had some good laughs, and caught some stunning fish.
Now that the waters are being broken up, and various new owners taking over (some better than others), some of these waters will be lost.
which is a real shame, as for me directly, I still have a few months left on my Cemex water, so I might sneak one out before the end!
Crafty Tenching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 pm

I stopped fishing cemex waters a few years back, it got too much with the driving sometimes 4 hour each way.
Mark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan78 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

It's a bit of an end of an era for me. Started fishing the waters in Reading as a 10 year old in 1988 when my Dad started bailiffing. Lived in Leeds for the last 7 years but fished Apex (Hykeham) for a few years. It's a real shame they have all been broken up.

Dan78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:49 pm

The waters still exist, now run by non profit clubs, not a money making business, its got to be for the better.
And perhaps a more fair system, not old boys network ducking and diving for places and waiting lists.
Plus the waters will be cheaper to fish?

Onward and upward. cheers

HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:04 pm

I hope it goes well, but having seen what has happened to a number of other waters they own, I have my doubtsl.
Kevin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 pm

HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:The waters still exist, now run by non profit clubs, not a money making business, its got to be for the better.
And perhaps a more fair system, not old boys network ducking and diving for places and waiting lists.

non profit making? - where did you hear that?

anyone running a business has to expect a return in their investment - even charities - and as far as i know their are no charities 'investing' in former cemex venues?

how can that possibly work?

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:58 pm

nick h wrote:
HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:The waters still exist, now run by non profit clubs, not a money making business, its got to be for the better.

anyone running a business has to expect a return in their investment - even charities - and as far as i know their are no charities 'investing' in former cemex venues?

not a public company-no share holders to satisfy.
private ownership-costs covered by anglers ticket, if to high no customers.

example- I was for many years a cemex fishers green ticket holder, spring and summer ticket at profit/cost.

Now I fish the same swims free as they are included on my club ticket at no extra cost. Very Happy
HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elty on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am

HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:
nick h wrote:

not a public company-no share holders to satisfy.
private ownership-costs covered by anglers ticket, if to high no customers.

example- I was for many years a cemex fishers green ticket holder, spring and summer ticket at profit/cost.

Now I fish the same swims free as they are included on my club ticket at no extra cost. Very Happy

dont think it will work like that. i look at it as if the price is too high then I wont get to fish the place. but im sure that some will be able to afford it.

i would imagine that most if not all of the old cemex gold venues will go up in price next year.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 am

Hi,
I and many other anglers would hope that the buyers of ex. cemex waters would be buying for the joy of ownership and management not greedy profit, just enough income to cover costs/outlay.

so how many ex. cemex waters are now more expensive than before? will they be better managed? will the issue of tickets be open and above board? will the same old bailiffs be doing the rounds ducking and diving?

Time will tell. sunny

HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elty on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 am

lets hope your right alex.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:Hi,
I and many other anglers would hope that the buyers of ex. cemex waters would be buying for the joy of ownership and management not greedy profit, just enough income to cover costs/outlay.

so how many ex. cemex waters are now more expensive than before? will they be better managed? will the issue of tickets be open and above board? will the same old bailiffs be doing the rounds ducking and diving?

Time will tell. sunny

sorry Alex and not being rude (i hope) but thats a pipe dream

does your employer work on a non profit basis? - doubt it - there is no JOY in fishery ownership - just grief - ask Redmire owners (not the agents)

also unless very rich there will be loans to service and even if very rich they would need to cover the 'lost' interest on funds held on deposit

why oh why do some people expect fisheries to be run as 'charities'?

i've run my own salmon fishery on the River Tay - and its bloody hard work - you may 'love' fishing but you have to see a return on the investment

would i do it again - not a chance - being on 'duty' 24/7 and dealing with idiot clients

when fishing becomes 'work' you quickly become disillusioned which is why any 'professional' angler from Jim Shelley to Danny Fairbrass has my greatest respect

the great 'unwashed' think its fun and a licence to print money - nothing could be further from the truth

and carp fisheries are particularly 'fickle' - the target/largest fish dies and ticket sales drop accordingly - ask Bluebell?

its caused by what 'you' as anglers demand/expect

a fishery is no different to any other business - it exists to make a profit - unless you are a fool with more money than sense?

slightly off tack - but recent OUTRAGE by anglers in that Elstow may be back filled to provide housing etc - if you owned Elstow what would you do? - tell the truth please?

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm

slightly off tack - but recent OUTRAGE by anglers in that Elstow may be back filled to provide housing etc - if you owned Elstow what would you do? - tell the truth please?

nick h

sell it and become a millionaire, go off shore, and pay no tax, then buy another lake. Idea

as for the pipe dream, I will dream on Sleep
HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:59 pm

HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:slightly off tack - but recent OUTRAGE by anglers in that Elstow may be back filled to provide housing etc - if you owned Elstow what would you do? - tell the truth please?

nick h

sell it and become a millionaire, go off shore, and pay no tax, then buy another lake. Idea

as for the pipe dream, I will dream on Sleep

but as I am not the owner, I just plod on Rolling Eyes
HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spid3r on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:45 am

I have been a bailiff on Jones for a few years and we have kept the place looking good and natural new owners have built all the swims up cut a lot of trees down and put some small carp in waste of time as this is a catfish water with cats to 70lbs now,,,,and put the price upto £500 that most ppl cant afford.
spid3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 pm

spid3r wrote:I have been a bailiff on Jones for a few years and we have kept the place looking good and natural new owners have built all the swims up cut a lot of trees down and put some small carp in waste of time as this is a catfish water with cats to 70lbs now,,,,and put the price upto £500 that most ppl cant afford.

may be on a loser, as the EA/FISHERIES, do not like these alien catfish, and want them out of england.

HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soupdragon on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 pm

It sounds as though the so called improvments at jones do not bode well for the future of wraysbury 1, as somone who has spent the last few years chasings its population of eels i am fairly depressed at the thought of what may happen on 1 next season .
Ihave no doubt that for me a new water might have to be found Crying or Very sad In all the years i fished it i had no trouble of any kind and could not have found a nicer bunch of anglers .
I for one found myself under the wraysbury spell , some of you will think what a load of tosh , but that water has something about it and i will miss it .

soupdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:40 pm

the new lease holders of fishers green, the consortium, are doing things cemex would not do, under the cover of health and safety.

already work is being done.

and its all on a non profit agenda run and controlled by anglers not a "looking for profit" head office.

and hopefully no ducking and diving by known face bailiffs from the old cemex crew.

as for those lakes bought by guys as a investment, a very slow way to make a profit, fish in a lake.

there are other quicker ways.

to those guys who have bought lakes for the joy of possesion, not greed, well done.

HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum