» POP UPS AND SILLY CARP.
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm by Gary Bills

» Fish recognising an anglers voice !
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 pm by Gary Bills

» Link to Carp Society Show
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm by Stoney

» Event Details
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am by Stoney

» The Big One, Carpin' On and the Northern Angling Show - we will be there - will you?
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am by Admin

citrus acid powder....anyone used it in pop ups?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

citrus acid powder....anyone used it in pop ups?

Post by kathrynshubby on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 pm

guys
i was at a sweet making demo recently, very interesting indeed, the chap was making lemon drop sweets. One of the ingredients was citrus acid powder.....got me thinking about its possible bait uses, as you've got a flavour and a ph adustment in one...

so...anyone used it and if so with other flavours?
thanks
Matt
kathrynshubby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: citrus acid powder....anyone used it in pop ups?

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm

kathrynshubby wrote:guys
i was at a sweet making demo recently, very interesting indeed, the chap was making lemon drop sweets. One of the ingredients was citrus acid powder.....got me thinking about its possible bait uses, as you've got a flavour and a ph adustment in one...

so...anyone used it and if so with other flavours?
thanks
Matt

hi, have been experimenting with fruit, flavours, but feel that some citrus may be to "sharp" for carp.

however, the one soft fruit that grow on river and lake banks and falls into the water, is of course wild blackberry.
also pineapple and its chemical content seem to attract carp, also orange, will attract the carp, with choc.

but lemon and lime may be a step to far, too "acidic"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kathrynshubby on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 pm

that's my point though really....nowhere near as acidic as nbutyric....interesting!
Matt
kathrynshubby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm

kathrynshubby wrote:that's my point though really....nowhere near as acidic as nbutyric....interesting!
Matt

right, but two different types? one natural?, the other manufactured? different chemicals?

"web"

Butyric acid is used in the preparation of various butyrate esters. Low-molecular-weight esters of butyric acid, such as methyl butyrate, have mostly pleasant aromas or tastes. As a consequence, they find use as food and perfume additives. It is also used as an animal feed supplement, due to the ability to reduce pathogenic bacterial colonization.[3] It is an approved food flavoring in the EU FLAVIS database (number 08.005).
Due to its powerful odor, it has also been used as a fishing bait additive.[4] Many of the commercially available flavors used in carp (Cyprinus carpio) baits use butyric acid as their ester base; however, it is not clear whether fish are attracted by the butyric acid itself or the substances added to it. Butyric acid was, however, one of the few organic acids shown to be palatable for both tench and bitterling.[5]

The substance has also been used by Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as a noxious, nausea-inducing repellent in antiwhaling protests to disrupt Japanese whaling crews,[6] as well as by anti-abortion protesters to disrupt abortion clinics.[7] In 2010, a Sea Shepherd activist was convicted for assaulting a Japanese mariner with a butyric acid projectile that left the mariner with facial burn

seems powerful stuff with many uses. perhaps the carp "glue sniff it" Very Happy

"

HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum