» POP UPS AND SILLY CARP.
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm by Gary Bills

» Fish recognising an anglers voice !
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 pm by Gary Bills

» Link to Carp Society Show
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm by Stoney

» Event Details
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am by Stoney

» The Big One, Carpin' On and the Northern Angling Show - we will be there - will you?
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am by Admin

» Ricketts Mere Syndicate Fish-In
Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm by Admin

» Predator Day - 14 Feb 2015
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm by Admin

Phone upgrade due....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phone upgrade due....

Post by Elty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Right guys,

due a new phone at the end of the month. Not really keep up to spead with all the latest and greatest handsets.

Whats good and whats poop? guy in the office has a new galaxy s3 and although bigger than the moon it does seem to offer a lot! he also tells me that iphones are terrible?

My only real 'my haves' are a good battery life. other than that im open to whatever.......... Question

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Phone upgrade due....

Post by Chiz on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

I have an iPhone. The battery isn't too bad it all depends how much it's used and what you plan on doing with it. I've never had a galaxy so can't comment. Your best bet will be to have a play with them in a shop, some prefer the apple software and some the android and some can really slag off the opposite if that makes sense.
Chiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp Unit on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Anyone without an iphone will tell you they are crap, anyone with one will tell you they're great. You seem to get lots of Apple haters but imo that has little to do with the quality of the phone and more to do with them not wanting to be any part of Apple for whatever reason.

For what its worth, i've had iphones since they first came out and have no interest in changing as it works beautifully and does everything i need it to in a very user friendly manor.

As for battery life, all smart phones have lower battery life than older less feature packed phones so i wouldn't let that issue sway your purchase as they are all virtually the same in that the battery life is totally dependant on how much you use the phone. I have a New Trent iCruiser charger from Amazon which recharges my iphone 6-7 times and therefore gives me enough power to see me through a weeks fishing session if need be.
Carp Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiz on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 pm

That's kind Of what I was trying to say but I'm sat at the lake and find it difficult to write long texts let alone messages. How much did you charger cost and is it small Carp Unit?
Chiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp Unit on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 pm

They are about £35 Chiz and are maybe 4 inches square, fit in your hand kind of size.
Carp Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiz on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Cheers Mate I'll look at getting one of the as my Ted Baker charger is a drama queen most of the time
Chiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp Unit on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 am

I have 3 Ted Bakers, they did the job but this new one is much much better.
Carp Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuttifrutti on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 pm

iPhone for me too. Does everything I need it to. Personally think the S3s are just a bit too big. Might aswell get an iPad Wink

It's fast enough, reasonable battery life and when I get 3G down the lake, I can watch the tv too Smile
tuttifrutti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elty on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 pm

i must admit the thought of being able to watch the football at the lake is VERY tempting. but can't i do that on any android phone too?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuttifrutti on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:33 am

Elty wrote:i must admit the thought of being able to watch the football at the lake is VERY tempting. but can't i do that on any android phone too?

Haven't a clue Elty but one you do need is a 3G signal or you're buggered. At some of my lakes I can get it, but others more remote, I can't
tuttifrutti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bump on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Elty wrote:i must admit the thought of being able to watch the football at the lake is VERY tempting. but can't i do that on any android phone too?

Everything you can do on an iPhone you can do on an Android phone and you probably wont have to pay for the app either.

iPhone - Good, limited to what you can do to them without jailbreaking, great for cases etc. iTunes sucks the big one!

Android - Good, offer more as standard, allow you to do more without Apple having a baby, not as many accessories (soooo many models).

If you want simple easy to use but to be stuck with a few imposed limits then you would be happy with an iPhone. If you dont like being forced how to do something or want to change something and not pay fruit tax, get Android based. If your odd, get a Windows phone, if your 12 get a Blackberry.

Mr Bump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuttifrutti on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 pm

I haven't had to pay for any apps to watch tv Mr Bump... all free
tuttifrutti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYANGLERALEX on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi, I think most carpers want the best camera on their phone, and some phone cameras are as good as some hand cameras, so which phone takes the best pics? for lakeside viewing? and storing.
HAPPYANGLERALEX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elty on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm

tuttifrutti wrote:

Haven't a clue Elty but one you do need is a 3G signal or you're buggered. At some of my lakes I can get it, but others more remote, I can't

to be fair, some of the best sessions i have had are when the phone has had no signal and no one can bother me!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 am

maplins do a duracell charger that is about 3in x 1", you charge this via a usb on computer and it will charge your phone from dead to around 70% they are around 20.00 each excellent bit of kit for the phone.

Danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

HAPPYANGLERALEX wrote:Hi, I think most carpers want the best camera on their phone, and some phone cameras are as good as some hand cameras, so which phone takes the best pics? for lakeside viewing? and storing.

Surely not....?

Phones for trophy pics should not be allowed, poor in low light and flashes are generally pony. Perfectly adequate if you want rubbish pictures though!

Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 pm

All the money we spend on rods, reels etc and we skimp and use our phone as cameras lol

I only use phone if I've left camera at home which rarely happens as I always check I have can in the bag etc

Danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jabber2252 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 am

I have had loads of various phones including Blackberrys, HTC and others but love my Iphone. does everything I want, simple as anything to use and all the apps are shareable amongst my wifes Iphone and my kids Ipods.

For fishing I have a Proporta charger which recharges my Iphone 4 from flat to full at least 2 and a half times.
jabber2252

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by carpmanjay on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm

mines up for renewal next month, defo sticking to iphone. missus got s3 its good butnot as good as iphone, and she agreed she would go back to iphone if she had the choice again.does seam like a lot of the iphone knockers are the peeps that havnt had one!

carpmanjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum